The Memory Gateway is your pathway towards dementia support and information in your area, no specific diagnosis is required to attend.
If you are caring for someone with dementia or memory loss or are concerned about your own memory you will find this a valuable group to help you access the help you need right now. We currently hold groups in Bedford, Biggleswade and Houghton Regis.
The aim is to help you to learn to navigate the system and gather information to support you through your journey. Through discussion, professional talks, practical sessions and signposting to specific services, you will be able look at ways you could improve your situation, such as benefits advice, power of attorney or nutrition. Each month has a theme and is attended by professionals and support networks.
Importantly the service will offer you an opportunity to meet others, to share experiences and to develop friendships.
Biggleswade Memory Gateway
- 11am to 1.00pm, on the second Monday of each month
- Biggleswade Sea Cadet HQ, Station Road, Biggleswade, SG18 8AL
Houghton Regis Memory Gateway
- 11am to 1.00pm, on the last Wednesday of each month
- St. Thomas’ Meeting House, Lowry Drive, Houghton Regis LU5 5SJ
Bedford Memory Gateway
- 2pm to 4pm, on the fourth Saturday of each month - in conjunction with the Bedford Carers Cafe
- Priory Methodist Church, Newnham Avenue, Bedford MK41 9QJ
Evening Memory Gateway
From September, we are introducing an Evening Memory Gateway (6:30pm-8:30pm) at our Bedford Office: Pilgrim Centre, Brickhill Drive, Bedford, MK41 7PZ.
This is for carers and people with dementia who are unable to access either the Saturday gateway or the Gateways held during the week in Biggleswade and Houghton Regis. The first session will be on Tuesday the 11th September at 6.30.
You can also find more support and advice using our Memory Navigation Service.